Built in 1924 by JB Lilly and PB Fletcher, the Gaylord buiding was named after real-estate mogul Henry Gaylord Wilshire. It is a 13-story Italian Renaissance building across from where the Ambassador Hotel and Cocoanut Grove used to be. To the direct west of the Gaylord is the Brown Derby Plaza.
HMS Bounty restaurant is located on the 1st floor. The nearest metro stop is at Wilshire & Normandie.