Nicknamed the “Cathedral of Commerce” at one time, this art deco building trimmed in terra cotta and copper was the former site of Bullocks Department Store. It currently serves as the main library for the Southwestern Law School.
A historic-cultural monument of the City of Los Angeles, it is listed in the National Register of Historic Places as No.78000685.
Filming at Bullocks Wilshire
- Scenes in The Aviator, a 2004 film with Leonard DiCaprio
- Featured setting in Topper, a 1937 film starring Cary Grant
- The elevator in Aerosmith’s 1989 “Love in an Elevator” video
- Exterior shot for Public Enemy’s video for “By the Time I Get to Phoenix”
- Seen as the Chicago-area department store in the 1989 film Christmas Vacation
- the store where Benjamin Siegel shopped at the beginning of the movie Bugsy
It is technically located a few blocks east of the city’s strict borders for Koreatown.
Due to COVID-19 / novel coronavirus concerns, the mayor of Los Angeles has BANNED / PROHIBITED
the following effective March 16 to the end of the month:
⬤ IN-RESTAURANT DINING (takeout and delivery still ok)
⬤ BARS, MOVIE THEATERS, GYMS, FITNESS STUDIOS -- CLOSED
⬤ Public Gatherings
Please cooperate and remain at home.
Maintain a distance of six feet away from other people in public.
Do not approach old people
at home without first washing your hands and without a change of clothes after coming in from outdoors. Do not touch the elderly or senior members of the community when encountering them outside unless it's an emergency.
Wash your hands immediately after coming home after outdoors. Wash your hands before eating and before exiting the bathroom.
Upon arrival at home, immediately change out of your outdoors clothes. Leave your shoes by the door.
Upon arrival at home, immediately wash your face, hands and forearms. Take a shower, if possible.
Disinfect all surfaces including plastic handles, computer mice, and keyboards.
AD: DOMAIN NAMES FOR SALE