Nicknamed the “Cathedral of Commerce” at one time, this art deco building trimmed in terra cotta and copper was the former site of Bullocks Department Store. It currently serves as the main library for the Southwestern Law School.
A historic-cultural monument of the City of Los Angeles, it is listed in the National Register of Historic Places as No.78000685.
Filming at Bullocks Wilshire
- Scenes in The Aviator, a 2004 film with Leonard DiCaprio
- Featured setting in Topper, a 1937 film starring Cary Grant
- The elevator in Aerosmith’s 1989 “Love in an Elevator” video
- Exterior shot for Public Enemy’s video for “By the Time I Get to Phoenix”
- Seen as the Chicago-area department store in the 1989 film Christmas Vacation
- the store where Benjamin Siegel shopped at the beginning of the movie Bugsy
It is technically located a few blocks east of the city’s strict borders for Koreatown.