Valet parking as of September 2017: $7 (seven dollars)
NEWS: In July 2016, Chapman Plaza was acquired by ArcWest Partners.
Chapman Plaza is a historic retail center occupying about 50,000 square feet of space on West Sixth Street by Alexandria Avenue in the heart of what is now Koreatown LA.
Spanish Baroque / Revival in architectural style, Chapman Market opened in 1929.
Often referred to as the world’s first drive-through grocery store or drive-in market, it served the wealthy families of Fremont Place, Windsor Square, and Hancock Park neighborhoods of Los Angeles who drove to get their groceries. An entire central courtyard was set aside for automobile parking.
The Plaza was extensively renovated in 1990 by The Ratkovich Company and architect Brenda Levin.